Схватка в Москве
 FAQFAQ   ПоискПоиск   ПользователиПользователи   КомандаКоманда   РегистрацияРегистрация   ПрофильПрофиль   Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения   ВходВход 
Boston ace Jon Lester (2-3) for 11 hits and ei

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов cxmoscow.ru -> Флейм Схватка Урбания
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
miaowang123
Схватчик

Команда: Нет

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Ноя 10, 2016 10:27:13    Заголовок сообщения: Boston ace Jon Lester (2-3) for 11 hits and ei Ответить с цитатой

Billy Payne wore a smile as wide as the Augusta National fairways as he watched eight kids file out of the room with their trophies from the inaugural Drive, Chip and Putt Championship on the Sunday before the Masters. "Were going to be hearing from some of these kids again," he said. Yes, but six weeks later? An 11-year-old girl who won her age group in the youth competition before the Masters has played her way into the U.S. Womens Open next month at Pinehurst No. 2. Lucy Li, a sixth grader with braces and a sharp short game, made history Monday at Half Moon Bay with rounds of 74-68 to become the youngest player to qualify for the U.S. Womens Open. Not only did she earn a spot at the biggest event in womens golf, she won the 36-hole qualifier by seven shots. Its another example that golf has no age limits. The record for youngest qualifier had belonged to Lexi Thompson, who was 12 when she made it to the 2007 Womens Open at Pine Needles. Its only fitting that when Li signed up for the Drive, Chip and Putt, she listed Thompson as among her favourite players. Li, from the suburbs south of San Francisco, still wont be the youngest player. Beverly Klass was 10 when she played in 1967, but that was when the U.S. Womens Open didnt have qualifying. Judy Rankin was a 14-year-old prodigy from Missouri when she entered the 1959 U.S. Womens Open at Churchill Valley Country Club in Pittsburgh. "When I went to register, they asked me if I was registering for my mother," Rankin said Tuesday. "I weighed 80 pounds. I remember the first tee was way up high. I was shaking. I was so scared, so nervous. I thought I could fall off. I didnt even make the cut. I was probably ill-prepared to be playing. But the next year, I was low amateur." Teenagers in the U.S. Womens Open are nothing new. Morgan Pressel, who went on to become the youngest major champion in LPGA Tour history at 18, qualified for the U.S. Womens Open in 2001 when she 12. Michelle Wie was 12 when she qualified for her first LPGA Tour event, and she was in the final group at a major when she was 13. Lydia Ko was 15 when she won the Canadian Womens Open two years ago, making her the youngest winner in LPGA history. Now shes in range of becoming No. 1 in the world. In mens golf, Matteo Manassero won twice on the European Tour before he had his drivers license. Ryo Ishikawa won his first professional tournament when he was 15. Jordan Spieth nearly won the Masters last month at age 20. And who can forget Guan Tianlang, the 14-year-old from China who made the cut at the Masters last year? Even so, two numbers are enough to get anyones attention — "11" and "sixth grade." "This is ridiculous," Dottie Pepper said Tuesday, more amazed than concerned. Earlier in the day, Pepper was on Twitter and tried to get her head around an 11-year-old teeing it up at Pinehurst No. 2 when she noted that Lis date of birth was "THIS CENTURY. Whoa!" Rankin and Pepper both attributed the increasing achievements by teens — pre-teens in Lis case — to modern equipment and coaching. Li began playing when she was 7 by whacking a few golf balls on the range while waiting for her brother and cousin to finish a golf tournament. She now works with Jim McLean. And this is not the first time Li has written herself into USGA history. She set a record last year in the U.S. Womens Amateur as the youngest qualifier at age 10. She also was the youngest in the U.S. Womens Amateur Public Links to reach match play, losing in the first round to a college player. "For people with talent, regardless of age, todays equipment is making the game a lot easier to learn," Rankin said. "For talented people, they are learning the game quicker and easier. That has a big bearing on it." Rankin also points to the very best in golf being on television so often, and the fact that kids copy what they see. "No one in the world is better at mimicking than children," she said. "I can go way back to a friend of mine from U.S. Amateur days, Helen Sigel Wilson. She always said the way to teach a kid how to play good golf is only let them see great players. They can figure it out." Sooner than later, thats what theyre doing. Vontae Davis Colts Jersey . The former central defender calmly nodded it down and quietly went about celebrating a win with his staff. For a man who has had a lot on his shoulders this season, it was an appropriate moment. Robert Mathis Colts Jersey . City has reached new heights under manager Manuel Pellegrini as they transition from big spending/immediate impact to perennial contender. Yaya Toures seeming discontent Tuesday may complicate that, as does the little issue of Financial Fair Play. http://www.thecoltsofficialstore.com/authentic-ryan-kelly-colts-jersey/ . According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, it doesnt appear the offer was warmly received by the team. Blue Jackets director of hockey operations John Davidson and general manager Jarmo Kekalainen said on Wednesday the team has made offers of $6 million for two years, $32 million for six and $46 million over eight years but each one was refused by the restricted free agent centre and agent Kurt Overhardt. Pat McAfee Colts Jersey . Vincent Lamar Carter is no longer the lean, athletic dynamo who dazzled Raptors fans with eye-popping dunks that posterized even the leagues best defenders. Patrick Robinson Colts Jersey . And Richard Bachman, their rookie goalie, is facing a penalty shot a few seconds after the opening face-off. No pressure, right? Bachman stood his ground against Zack Kassian and saw the puck dribble off the Canuck rookies stick, then settled in and backstopped the Stars to a 5-2 win over Vancouver Tuesday that put Dallas in first place in the Pacific Division.BOSTON - Michael Pineda tries to continue his terrific start to the season on Wednesday when the New York Yankees play the middle test of a three-game series with the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park. You can watch all the action on TSN2 beginning at 7pm et/4pm pt. Pineda won his second straight start last Wednesday against Chicago, as he held the Cubs to just four hits over six scoreless innings to run his record to 2-0, while lowering his ERA to 1.00. He is the first Yankee since Kevin Brown in 2004 to throw at least six innings and allow one run or less in each of his first three starts for the club. "Again, really, really good," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "Command of his pitches, command of his changeup, his slider tonight. It wasnt the best conditions to pitch in, but I thought he did a really good job." Pineda beat the Red Sox two starts ago, yielding a run in six innings. Of course, television cameras showed what appeared to be pine tar on his right palm of that one. However, it was never brought to anyones attention and seemed to be cleaned off a few innings later. Boston, meanwhile, will counter with righty John Lackey, who has lost his last two starts and is 2-2 with a 5.25 ERA. After getting hit hard by the Yankees two starts ago, Lackey again struggled on Friday against Baltimore, as he was tagged for six runs and 10 hits in 5 1/3 innings. He also walked four batters, more than he had allowed in his three previous outings, when he gave up three over 18 2/3 innings. "Honestly, they had a couple walks, but they were in spots that wasnt that big a deal, against guys I didnt really want to give in to," Lackey said. "I felt OK with it." Lackey surrendered six runs in 5 2/3 innings in a loss to the Yanks on April 12 and is 10-11 lifetime against them with a 4.99 ERA in 28 sstarts.dddddddddddd. New York got the best of its rivals in Tuesdays opener, as Jacoby Ellsbury gave the Red Sox fans an unwanted welcome back in his return to Fenway Park, going 2-for-5 with two RBI to help the Yankees to a 9-3 rout. Ellsbury, part of two World Series titles during a successful seven-year tenure with the Red Sox, tripled in his first at-bat as a Fenway visitor and later drove in two with a double that highlighted a four-run fifth inning. The star outfielder bolted Boston for a seven-year, $153 million contract with New York during the offseason. Three other Yankee newcomers made big contributions as well, as Masahiro Tanaka yielded just two runs and fanned seven over 7 1/3 innings in another strong start, while Brian McCann went 3-for-4 with an RBI double and Carlos Beltran finished 2-for-5 with a homer and two RBI. New York has now won six of its last nine games. Tanaka (3-0) allowed back-to-back homers to David Ortiz and Mike Napoli in the fourth, but just five other hits in his first-ever ENCOUNTER with the Red Sox. On the other hand, the Yankees battered Boston ace Jon Lester (2-3) for 11 hits and eight runs -- though just three were earned due to a pair of Red Sox errors -- in 4 2/3 innings of work. Napoli ended 2-for-4 and Xander Bogaerts had an RBI double in the loss. "(New York) put some good swings on him," Red Sox manager John Farrell said of Lesters performance. "They mishit some balls, they found some holes. We didnt help out defensively and once again were digging ourself a hole to play catch-up." New York took three of four from the Red Sox earlier this season. Prior to the game Meb Keflezighi, the mens winner of the 118th Boston Marathon and the first American to win the championship since 1983, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch. Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов cxmoscow.ru -> Флейм Схватка Урбания Часовой пояс: GMT + 3
Страница 1 из 1

Перейти: